Moving Toward Equity in Asthma Care
Find out about asthma care disparities and what may contribute to them
CME Credit upon completion
Did you know?
- Hispanics and African Americans with asthma are less likely to take daily controllers AND are more likely to visit the emergency room and be hospitalized for asthma-related conditions than non-Hispanic Whites?
- Asian Americans are more likely to die from asthma than non-Hispanic Whites?
- As a trusted health care provider, you can make a difference.
- Understand issues faced by diverse patients with asthma that may contribute to disparities in asthma care. Develop strategies for communicating with patients to help them become better engaged. Find out how to deliver culturally appropriate asthma care that may help improve asthma control and reduce exacerbations.
- Understand issues often faced by diverse patients with asthma
- Develop strategies for communicating to enhance patient understanding
- Use techniques to improve patients’ asthma control and reduce exacerbation emergencies
- Health Professionals
- Medical Office Staff
- Available on smartphone, tablet, or computer.